2020 Texas Car Accident Facts and Statistics
Texas is a very large state with a population of 28,995,881 residents. There are over 22 million registered vehicles in the state. The chances of being in a Texas car accident are high. In 2019, with 3,294 crashes and 3,615 fatalities from these incidents, Texas had the most accidents and resulting deaths than any other state in the nation.
Recovering damages after a Texas car crash should be done with the help of an experienced Texas car accident attorney. It is necessary to obtain the full amount of money for your damages from your Texas personal injury claim. This will help you avoid expensive costs down the road. This is especially true if you were seriously injured requiring medical attention. Potentially, you could have future medical costs, and these services and treatments do not come cheap. The Abilene car accident attorney at the Low Law Firm can advise you on the best way to recover compensation for your losses after a crash.
Texas Car Accident Statistics in 2020
- The fatality rate from car accidents was 1.33 per hundred million miles traveled in the state.
- Deaths from Texas car accidents increased by 7.54% in 2020 from the previous year.
- There were 14,656 serious injuries that resulted from vehicular collisions in Texas.
- Total miles traveled in Texas was more than 293 billion.
- The number of miles traveled in 2020 increased by 1.75% from the previous year.
- More than half of the state’s fatal crashes took place in rural areas.
- There were 1,988 deaths from crashes in rural areas.
- There were 865 lives lost in and around intersections.
- Head-on collisions were responsible for the deaths of 538 people.
- Every single day in Texas in 2020 at least one person died in a Texas vehicular accident.
- Two devastating crashes resulted in at least six people losing their life.
- Distracted driving fatalities decreased by 3% but were still accountable for killing 368 people.
- Alcohol was involved in 25% of all fatal crashes in Texas and took the lives of 958 people.
- There were 717 deadly pedestrian incidents which were up from the previous year by 8.47%.
- Every two hours and 15 minutes life was lost in a Texas car crash.
- Every two minutes and 34 seconds someone was injured in a Texas car crash.
- Every one minute and seven seconds a crash was reported.
- Almost 47% of the people who died in Texas car accidents were not wearing a seatbelt at the time of their crash.
- Crashes were behind 498 people sustaining injuries.
Speak with a Texas Car Accident Attorney
With crash statistics like these, it is likely that you know someone who was in a serious Texas car collision. It is even very possible that you have been in one. To learn more about how to be compensated after a crash in Abilene, call the Low Law Firm to schedule a free consultation at (325) 455-1889. You can discuss your case with a knowledgeable Abilene personal injury attorney.